SEO is constantly changing, here are 7 tips to bare in mind. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us a message on the forums!!
1. Don’t move content around too much! – If you move your content around too much, or change the site structure by installing new softwares etc.. this can harm your rankings. Also, aim not to change the domain of your site if possible.
2. Over Optimized Websites – Don’t over-optimize your website too much for search engines, google is trying to make the way that sites are ranked more natural, so this means quality content instead of manipulating the search results.
3. Don’t make/use duplicate content!! – Google does not like duplicate content.
4. Find quality blogs in the same market as you and comment on their articles with a link back to your site, and in the “name” field, input the keywords which you want to rank for. Try to comment on a variety of “authority” sites. E.g. ones that have a high google Pagerank (not the rank on the pages) google PR is a rating between 1-10, which you can find by installing the alexa toolbar.
5. Incorproate social media!! – Google is starting to include social media into the way that it ranks websites. So start using social media, or use it more!
6. Produce quality content (This will always be in a list). Google loves quality and frequent content. Think of it that you are constantly feeding a baby, Google is a baby that needs feeding all of the time.
7. Check your competitors backlinks, and place links where they are placing their links.
Head over to the forum and ask stephen or resident SEO vetran any qurestions if you need!
He spoke with google the other week about the way they rank websites, and is member to some of the best paid to enter SEO forums in the world. If you have any questions about SEO, then he is the guy to ask!