Do you guest blog? Do you have your own blog?
There are some benefits to be had for guest blogging:
- If you have your own blog it can help you to reach a larger audience with the same interests by blogging on other sites
- Perhaps you want to better your writing skills to become a freelance blogger
- Perhaps you want to become a journalist so having your articles approved on a variety of respected websites may help you
- Maybe you want to get links back to your website for SEO
- Perhaps readers of that site may find your post interesting and look to see what your blog is all about
- It can also help you to be seen by industry insiders.
- It can help to give you an authority, people will respect you more
- You can be paid by sites for writing articles, this is not particularly called guest blogging though
Guest blogging (when you write a blog post for someone else’s blog) is a great way to gain new exposure to your brand and increase links back to your site.
That being said, you should only choose quality sites to guest blog on.
If any of the following exist when you’re researching sites to guest blog on, move along:
- The blog hasn’t been updated in a while
- The blog covers too many topics, rather than focusing on one area
- The blog design is unappealing and outdated
- It is not your audience
- The site has spelling and grammar errors throughout
If you are going to spend time guest blogging, go for the ones that are in it for the long run, go for the mid-large range sites. There are plenty of websites around that accept guest articles however you should check out their guidelines for what sort of articles you can write, and whether or not you can place a link to your site. If there is no dedicated guest blogging guidelines you can always send a message to the blog owner, most people are very happy for you to write a free article on their website in exchange for a link. It may be possible that you can get them to guest blog on your website too.
Only guest blog on sites that are relative to yours if you want to use it for linking back to your website.
Blog about what your interested in, people can often tell if you are/not interested in something.
You can almost guest blog on any website, not all, but most people are open for it, you should however have some sort of evidence about your knowledge of the field as people do not want their time wasted, or your time wasted. If you don’t have a website that shows your knowledge you should perhaps start small and work your way up.
If you can get your own user account on someone else’s blog to create posts as and when you want subject to approval, then that is great!
Guest Blogging Networks
As I said before you can contact people direct from their websites however there are dedicated sites to finding guest blogging opportunities or guest bloggers for your website.
http://www.alltop.com – not for guest blogging but good for finding blogs