Trust is very important in business. If people cannot trust you they will not invest their time/money in your product/service.
This is also true for websites that are not operating as a business. If you are providing some sort of service, whereby you are providing articles for an audience they want to invest some trust in you to become regular readers.
So how do we build trust?
- Build quality inbound links to your website from high “page rank” websites that are in your niche. http://youngwebbuilder.com/7-seo-tips-for-you-to-consider
- Create a favicon, a favicon is the icon in the address bar. http://youngwebbuilder.com/how-to-create-a-favicon-for-your-website
- Be consistent with your website design – do not change your sites design too often, try to keep to the structure, for example, don’t change your CMS or software too often.
- Speak with authority, write what you know
- Share important news – Share news from big players in your market that matter to your audience
- Make relationships with websites that are in your niche, share links between the sites, share articles.
- Create social media accounts and build quality fans/followers – Read our guide on Tweepi here: http://youngwebbuilder.com/how-to-get-more-followers-with-tweepi
- Ask your readers/customers to review your website/service/product/alternatively pay someone on fiverr to do it.
- Write and submit a press release – A press release is a good way of building authority and being mentioned by authoritative websites – http://youngwebbuilder.com/why-you-should-get-a-press-release-made
- Share your website on forums that allow promoting and ask for reviews. Here is a list of websites which allow promoting/free reviews and user feedback: http://youngwebbuilder.com/forum/index.php?threads/list-of-forums-which-allow-promoting.204/
- Be consistent with your websites content – Don’t post all sorts of random content, try to post regular content to your website, in the form of a blog, this is helpful for your Google rankings.
- Produce various forms of content – Youtube Videos/Competitions/Polls/Debates/Slideshows, PDF’s
- Write guest posts on other peoples blogs/websites and link back to your website. Don’t hide the fact that you own your website, your writing a free article, people want to know who you are and what your website is.
- Create banners for people to advertise your website
- Try to encourage your social media fans to share your content
- Submit your websites RSS feed to blog rss websites
- Link to your website in your signature on forums – Write quality information on other peoples forums and link back in bold to your website in your description
- Submit your website and social profiles to directories (There are specific ones for social media such as twitter)
- Try to get added to “top sites” within certain niche’s, for example “Top pet blogs”, suggest your website to the editors of the “top lists”
- Be Honest
- Use your real name
- Provide value to your audience
- Create mobile apps
I hope this gives you an idea of how to create “trust” for your website/business. There are plenty more, why not join in on our forum? Or reply here with your tips!