You might be able to get people to view click to your website, but are you able to convert those people into sales/members of your website?
It can be hard to convert visitors into members/sales
There are a number of ways that you can do this, however due to often large competition, not just from competing business’s but from just “consumer attention” in general it is increasingly challenging.
There are a few tips to converting visitors into paying customers/members to your site:
- Create a “squeeze page” – These are pages that are usually to promote an offer that is so damn appealing that people just have to put their email in, or like with facebook, whatever they have to do to get the content, squeeze pages are essentially sales pages. They should be bright, vibrant, bold, in your face, to the point, and focus around the place where you are going to get an email or a facebook share
- Use social payment systems such as “share with facebook”, “pay with a tweet”
- Make offers time limited
- Make people take quick decisions (not particularly ethical, depends if you are taking money)
- Restrict content to guests
- Make offers only members can get, don’t make them boring like “you will get a special coloured username”, try to be creative. Think about what you can offer that will be cost/time effective for you.
- Put your “call to action” near the top of the page, essentially what you want visitors to do, don’t make them wade through streams of text. Make the “pay here” or “register here” very clear and bold.
- Tell visitors what makes you unique and why they should opt-in
- Use imagery/scripts/flash that makes it easy and quick for users to pay/opt in
- Understand your audience, what they like, how they want their content presented what are they looking for? What do they really need/want? What can you give them that they just can’t miss out on?
- Be specific about what it is you are offering and who you are offering it to.
- Customer testimonials “Get people to review/provide a testimonial/feedback you can get existing customers to do this for you, or find people on twitter/facebook just simply to give a testimonial/recommendation
- Don’t give everything away
Make it clear, easy, bold and exciting.
If you want any advice please comment below.