In this tutorial you’ll going to learn how to make your first Blogspot blog site. Setting up your blogger site is very easy and will take only a few minutes of your time. Blogger is a free platform that you can start a blog with plenty of templates to choose. In addition, you can download more templates from other sources on the internet or customize it to your liking.
You will be able to add your youtube videos, and pictures and all sorts.
Also, you can make money with their Google Adsense program. But first you need to get some great content!!
Blogger does not have as much value as using another CMS, with a TLD (.com/.net/.org) however it is a good starting point to practice your blogging skills, and play around with different types of monetization and media. A blogger site might be a good idea to get an idea of how running a website works, although your options are far more limited then running a paid website, it is a good place to start.
Go ahead and start your first blog now.
1. Go to blogger.com website. Sign in with Google, it is very easy.
2. Once you’ve done filling up the form, you need to pick a really cool name. It may take a while on checking for availability. If you’re address is available then you can use it as your blog site address. This will be a subdomain “yourname.blogspot.com”. You can however link a paid domain with blogspot.
4. Next the hard work has been done for you, and you have a very large range of free themes to pick from, LUCKY ME!!. All you have to do is to select one of the templates available for you. There are some dynamic and some simple yet cool templates too. Go ahead choose your template.
5. Now we are setup!! We have our theme and title and url address and our blog is ready for content!
6. You may start posting your first article by clicking the Start posting link. Go ahead create your first post now.
8. There are set of tools that you can use to edit your text, make it bold, italic, larger, and smaller and hyperlink it. You can also add images and videos. You can try them one at a time and get use of it.
9. Once you’re done with your post you can save it as draft, preview or publish it immediately to make live in the internet. Previewing before publishing would be a good practice because you’ll be able to see if there are mistakes then correct it.
10. There are more things that you can do on your blogger templates, you can add gadgets and change a few settings. Go back to your dashboard and check some of the things you can do like adjust template font size, color, and content width. You can also monetize your site! Check your stats, and much more.
Gadgets are cool applications that can enhance your site’s interactivity to your visitors or readers, they also help make your site unique to other blogs. Go to layout and checkout some cool gadgets.