Ok, there are two types of psychology for Young Web Builders.
1. I was bought up where nobody ever made any real money
2. I was bought up where the people around me were making good money.
So decide which one you are.
If you are in the number 2 category, then you already have a head start.
What we are concerned about here are the Young Web Builders who were brought up around people who never really made their own money. Maybe these people went to work everyday, but they weren’t really hungry about making money.
The best way to learn the psychology of money is to be around hungry people who want to make a lot of money.
So the first thing you should do if you are hungry to make money is to surround yourself with people who are also hungry to make money. It doesn’t matter how old they are and it doesn’t matter if you find these people down the pub, or by taking an unpaid or paid job, or by networking with people on-line.
Basically, your first task is to surround yourself with hungry people.
You really cannot go from Zero to Hero without a support network and you get that by getting out there and talking to people and finding the people who are really hungry to sell. Sometimes these people are people who have already been successful, but sometimes not. The people you are looking to surround yourself with are not school teachers who have only ever been to school. The people you are looking for are people who are hungry for money, people who hunt and people who are eager to share their knowledge with young, eager up and coming web builders.
- Don’t waste your time with people who are not or no longer hungry.
- Find people who are hungry for money and give them something that is of value to them.
- Then when you have given them something that is value to them, ask for their help.
- Don’t expect them to help if you are not going to give them something of interest to them.