There are 100’s of 1000’s of people on Twitter who run fan-pages every day for their favorite celebrity’s. Some of them have websites, some don’t. Now most of these people have their own jobs, or they are in school/college, they have hobbies, but they don’t know the power they have!
A lot of these fan-pages have 1000’s (sometimes up to tens of thousands of followers.) A lot of these people log onto Twitter every day, so potentially your tweets could be viewed 155,000 times a month (5,000 x 30 + 5000 extra for RT’s). Wow, that is a massive number and PR people would want a piece of that, well if you are a fan-page you are giving it to them free. Now you could ask to give away free concert tickets, give away a game, or several, just contact the PR people for whoever the celebrity/product whatever it is.
It is often the case with the internet. People often sit underneath something that could make them a lot of money!
Believe it or not you can get jobs and get to high places through a blog/twitter page. If you don’t tell people what you want however, they won’t often know. If you don’t ask you don’t get.
Don’t forget you can also make some extra money or even a living from these fanpages. You’ll read this if you click the link to the left, but imagine if you have 10,000 followers.
You tweet news, tips, gossip, whatever, now every 1 in 100, 200 whatever tweets. You tweet a link to the latest product related to your Twitter page. Maybe it is a new phone, this phone costs £200. Now you can easily get a % of that, say the average is 2%, I do know this because I have looked at it before, %5 is a bit much for phone products, although amazon has a flat rate of 5% upwards. So lets presume we are with Amazon affiliates. This amazing new phone comes out. Up until it’s release you were telling people about all of the rumored features, why everyone should get it because its half the price of the iphone and it’s almost as powerful. It’s not completely out of reach. So you tweet an amazon link with your affiliate tag to your 10,000 followers. Maybe 3,000 people see the tweet, 30 RT it to 6,000 followers. So essentially your total reach is 9,000, out of those 9,000, 3,000 click through to read up on the phone and see how much it is, say 500 buy the phone. So the phone costs £200, you get 5% of the sale price. Which is £10, so in total you have made £5000. Wow. Not bad for 1 tweet.
How you get that many followers?
1. Use Tweepi, use it every day. You will read it on the above link, however make sure to follow people that have the same interests as you, unfollow those that don’t follow you back after a few days. You should be able to follow about 300 – 600 a day, in about 5 minutes with Tweepi.
2. Tweet rumors, get people excited, engage with your followers, tweet things like “RT if you are excited for the new HTC”.
4. Keep going until you reach 10,000 followers. Now you have a few choices.
5. Make sure you follow press and journalists, follow people who have authority with what you are talking about, build relationships with them, give them value, RT their tweets so they get to know you. Contact press for whatever your fanpage is about. Tell them, look I have all of these followers, they all love ….. they go mad over it. I was wondering if I might be able to run a competition to give away ….. these fans are so dedicated and they are really excited for the next ….. but they can’t all afford it so I thought it would be nice to run a competition to give one away. So hopefully you get to give away something in a competition, you’ll probably get just 1 to start with. Bare in mind you do see competitions where 10 or 20 or 100 of things are given away. You just want to get to know the press representative, let them know you are there. Start to tweet out related products etc.. It’s all about building brands on Twitter. If you can help people build their brand and get people talking about them then they will be happy.
6. Keep going, don’t stop at 10,000 go back and say, well look I have 50,000 followers now, and I was really wondering if I could review your new ….. I’ve set up this blog now to go with the fanpage, so I thought it would be really cool to be able to review it, since i have all of these followers that RT my tweets, I’d get around 30,000 people see it. They might say, well we are actually having a press event, would you like to come? Sure, eimriow34jn5edsng That would be great!!
Want support and ideas? Join our discussion thread… http://www.youngwebbuilder.com/forum/index.php?threads/twitter-fanpage-discussion-thread.1150.