Here are some important questions to ask yourself when creating a website, you should look through these and see if your website meets the requirements:
- What type of web-hosting do I need?
- What is my website going to be about?
- How long am I going to spend developing the website?
- How much money do I need?
- What is it that I am offering my audience?
- Who are my audience? What age are they? Where are they from? What are their interests?
- Do I need to pay anyone for graphics etc..? (Good tip www.fiverr.com)
- How can I keep my websites design consistent?
- How is my website going to make money? Is it going to make money?
- How am I going to get people to my website?
- How am I going to keep people coming back to my website?
- How can I get people to trust what I have to say?
- Can people find me on search engines? Can they find me on social media?
- Do people feel comfortable browsing my website? Are the colours easy on the readers eye? Is it easy to read content on my website?
- Do I have a range of content? Google likes a range of content, as does your audience, in some cases, pictures, video and surveys etc.. can help you to convey your message.
- What is my “call to action”, what is it that makes people buy/register on my website?
You can find the answers to most of these questions around the site and the forum, and should get some ideas yourself too. If you need any support do not hesitate to respond here or in the forum.
The YWB team