If you would like to start photo editing, or graphics design but don’t have that extra cash for photoshop!
There is a FREE alternative called GIMP!
Gimp is a freely distributed program for photo editing. It is a popular tool used by thousands of people. You can find many tutorials online if you need help. GIMP allows you to make pretty much anything you need and has an active and extensive development community who provide a lot of free additional resources and tutorials.
One question that is asked a lot is why should you use Gimp over other graphics programs?
- Firstly Gimp is available on every operating system not just one! That’s right Linux, Mac OS and Windows.
- Gimp has a great development community, so you can get new brushes, plugins and tutorials everyday.
- Gimp is as powerful as Photoshop but free!
- You can use Gimp to make professional graphics, logo’s, banners, pretty much anything
- Gimp is an industry recognised tool used by 1000’s even professionals!
What can I use Gimp for?
Like I stated above “Gimp is a freely distributed program for photo editing. GIMP allows you to make pretty much anything you need and has an active and extensive development community who provide a lot of free additional resources and tutorials.”
You can also use Gimp for simple animations, if you are in to that kind of stuff.
Where can I find tutorials for Gimp?
There is a wide variety of places to find tutorials. Both video and text tutorials! The most obvious place is YouTube, there is literally hundreds of tutorials.
These places are great for tutorials! Especially http://www.gimpology.com/. There is lots of tutorials made everyday, some basic some pro.
If you like the sound of it. Go download it and try for yourself!