Ok, so in a very recent article I described how to go about identifying the right target audience for your product/offer or service.
What I did not cover in detail is WHY you should profile your audience before starting.
Basically, if you do not understand who your audience is then you are missing out on vital information that could make or break your business. Here are some examples.
1. If you do not understand your audience, then you won’t understand what they want and without knowing this, you will not understand what kinds of products or services you can sell to them.
2. If you do not understand your audience, then you will not understand the language they use and your marketing messages will not be clear, relevant and targeted.
3. If you do not understand your audience and you try to communicate with them, they will not connect with you on an emotional level, because they will feel you are not in tune with them.
4. If you don’t understand your audience, you won’t be able to understand what kinds of keywords they use. You won’t be able to visualise them typing those keywords in and you won’t be able to understand what they could be looking for when they type in a keyword.
5. If you don’t understand your audience, you won’t be able to identify the best ways of getting your audience to visit your website. Without understanding who they are, you won’t be able identify the best method to use to attract them to your website. Whether this be SEO, Social Media or PPC.
In short, you really need to understand your audience before you start any form of business, marketing campaign or website building.
Don’t start any campaign without first understanding who you are going to be pitching to.
In future articles I will be discussing such topics as
1. Demographic Research
2. Psychographic Research
3. Geographic Research
4. Persona Profiling
5. Behavioural Analysis
For further information in the meantime click here